The resource import is a possibility to ease the creation of new resources in Genius Project. It is only applicable if you have all or at least most of the resources you want to enter in Genius Project already in a separate list/system, with the possibility to copy the information into the Excel template file. Of course, other resources can still be created manually in Genius Project.
Please follow the procedure:
1) Open the Excel file. Enter/Copy the information by resource in each row. You will find comments on some headings for advice. In v7.22, some fields have to be left empty for programming reasons. Please DO NOT change the order of the columns.
2) Please ensure that the label of the Genius profile is the same as in the system. If you need any help, please contact Genius Project.
If you want to upload the resources on your own:
- Make sure that you have enough licenses left.
- Delete the line with the headings and the example, so that the first line starts with the first resource.
- Save the document under the file format "CSV - semicolon delimited". Open the new CSV file in the Editor (notepad or any other similar program) and make sure all values are delimited by a semicolon and that the resources are in separate rows.
- If there is any accentuated characters, make sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding in the Editor
- In version 7.22, open the Resources database setup, "Resources" tab.
- In version 8.00, open the Resources database setup, first tab.
- Click the [Actions > Import CSV file] menu. Choose the "Resource" option and select the created CSV file.
If you need any help, please contact Genius Project.