This article applies to Genius Project version 7
Administrator license is required to perform these operations.
The goal of this article is to show you how to define a custom layout for any configurable view and make this layout available for any user through the navigation menu in Genius Project.
The main steps are the following.
- Customize the layout of any configurable view to suit your needs.
- Save the view as a Global layout.
- Setup the Global layout you just defined in the navigation.
This example is based on the Tasks configurable view, but you can do the same with any configurable view in the system.
1. Customize the layout of any configurable view to suit your needs
- Open the Tasks view from the menu.
- Customize the view to suit your needs. You may show/hide any column, move columns around, apply coloring, filters and sorting rules.
2. Save the view as a Global layout.
From the view top right menu icons, click on the layout icon, and click on (Save as global view).
- Give a name to this Global view layout.
3. Setup the Global layout you just defined in the navigation.
- Go to the setup of the Portfolio.
- Under Setup > Navigation.
- Create a new entry, of edit an existing one.
- Choose the Tasks - configurable view as the view name.
- The Global view that you just saved previously should now be available from the Global name drop down. Select it.
- Save the navigation entry document.
Once you did that, the navigation entry you just modified should link to the Global layout you just customized. This applies to all users for which this navigation entry is available.